Saturday, 7 July 2012

Rotaire Dryline Review

With all this lovely weather we've been having recently my clothes have been drying within seconds of me hanging them in the garden. No, wait, the weather has been shit; this has been the wettest 3 months since records began (thats 102 years stats fans).

My clothes might not be drying instantly in the unbearable heat, but they have been drying in the garden. Drying and not getting wet again. No really!


Dry washing in the pouring rain
The reason I can do this is last year I purchased a Rotaire Dryline, which is basically a huge umbrella for a rotary washing line. My washing stays dry whilst the rain falls on the tarpulin top and runs down the mesh sides. I've found washing does take a tiny bit longer to dry, but at least its outside. 

I also had to rethink my hanging technique. Previously I would hang little things like the kids clothes or underwear on the inner rungs and large things like sheets on the outer ones, but with this you need to put larger things that could blow around in the wind and touch the mesh nearer the middle, so they don't get wet. It's amazing how long its taken me to remember to do this (old dog, new tricks and all that).



It folds away, just like a normal rotary washing line (getting a cover is essential), and it can be used all year round, except in high winds or snow. Wish I'd had this idea!

1st Disclaimer: please ignore the mud, we are doing work in our garden and the new grass seed hasn't grown yet (not had to water it yet!)

2nd Disclaimer: I didn't receive anything for this review, just a happy customer

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Pretty cool idea, never seen these before! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So simple yet i never would have thought of it

      Delete
  2. That's pretty cool actually. And don't worry - your garden's in a lot better state than ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about the weather is that our grass has grown very well to cover all that mud

      Delete
  3. That is massive! Practical, can see how it works, but flippin massive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does rather look like its taking over my garden! It doesn't seem that big in real life!

      Delete

Comments make my day..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...