Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Create a World review

I was sent a Create a World to test and I have to say that immediately it's a massive hit in this household. The best way to describe it is as a massive fuzzy felt; there are lots of colourful cutouts which stick to a large felt mat.

Create a world, giant fuzzy felts

The mat is big enough to have several children sitting around it and comes with a discrete hole at each corner to allow it to be hung on the wall (at the moment I am mentally re-arranging the kid's room to try and find some spare wall space). The holes are practically invisible, so you don't feel obliged to hang it if you don't have the space. It comes with a bag so you can pack it away.

Create a world, giant fuzzy felts


I am really impressed with the selection of felt objects. There is something for everyone, I think you would be hard pressed not to find one of a child's favourite things in the list. Also there are things that a girl and boy might play with together, a girl playing with the castle might add the princess and a boy the knight.  There are so many pieces they won't all fit onto the mat at the same time, so there are plenty of combinations for hours of fun.

Create a world, giant fuzzy felts, dinosaur kite
Within minutes of it arriving my kids had given the dinosaur a kite and made a "space tractor".

Create a World costs £49.95 and is available from WhiteStep

I was sent Create a World by Whitestep for the purposes of this review

7 comments:

  1. Looks really good. Seems a bit pricey for me for what it is though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog today. This looks fantastic - i almost added "felt sets" to my category of pretend play. we have many sets and they get used a lot, but i do wish we had 1 giant mat instead of 7-8 boards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we've got one little board and its the bits keep going AWOL. Every time I do the hoovering I find the tiny bits under the sofa. They don't go missing with this big set

      Delete
  3. Bit late off the mark with finding this one, but it looks fantastic - a great present for my son's 3rd birthday. We're in a rented property so I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like with decorating his room...how much 'damage' would I be causing to the walls if I hung it, do you think? And does it come off again easily if we fancied playing with it on the floor one day? Actually that is far less important to me than whether it could fall off/be yanked off by mistake. Did you ever find a wall space for it? Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its got small holes in each corner, so you would need to drill some holes to put screws in the wall to slip it onto. Because of this it will come on and off whenever you fancy. So I guess it depends whether your landlord allows you to drill!

      Delete
    2. Thank you. One last thing...I had in my mind that it was like a normal floor mat, with velcro-backed play pieces. Found a mini felt mat in a charity shop today and now realise I had completely the wrong idea! Do the pieces really stick to the mat? Enough to stay on the wall? Sorry!

      Delete
    3. Yes they stick. I've not hung mine up because I couldn't find enough wall space, but I have walked round with it and nothing fell off

      Delete

Comments make my day..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...